Thursday, December 13, 2007

Date...

So I had my first date in a really long time this evening...In addition, to just being nervous about the date itself, (am I ready to date again, do I have too much going on in my life since I am applying to medical school, what's he going to think when he finds out I live with my grandparents and drive a minivan), I was a little nervous about my new diagnosis...do I tell? Do I keep it a secret? I easily could have kept it a secret (at least for tonight), because I am doing a glucose tolerance test/ C-Peptide test on Friday, so I am allowed to eat 150-250 grams a carbohydrates a day for the next 48 hours...no turning down a beer, French fries or even desert...but I let it slip...at to my surprise my date responded, "What's there to be embarrassed about. It's not your fault. Millions of people have diabetes." Right answer. I like this guy already....Second date here we come (he already asked).

No comments: