Friday, December 21, 2007

Arggg! Holiday Frustration.

So today I am admitedly feeling frustrated with my fitness progress. For the last month I have been going to a boot camp training class 3-4 days a week (I would have like to have gone more, but the kids I work with have had me perpetually sick this entire month and my doctor actually ordered me to cut back so I could get better...of which I only half listened to). Boot Camp is an interval style training with 10 minutes of high intense cardio switched up with 10 minutes of weights for an hour total. On top of this, I have reduced my diet to about 30% carbohydrates in order to keep better control of my blood glucose(the ADA guidelines of 60% just doesn't work for me). I feel stronger and better on the inside, but I cannot get those scale numbers to budge, despite the fact that I know I am eating less calories in a day than I was a month ago. It would be one thing if I was running around enjoying holiday food like the rest of the country, but I am not....no egg nog or pumpkin pie for me. My work even ordered me grilled chicken last week at the work party and I successfully avoided the desert table!

I think tomorrow I am going to restart my running regime again that I started while I was studying for the MCATs a few months ago...and figuring I want do my first ever triathlon in a few months that probably would be a good idea.


No comments: