Monday, March 10, 2008

Wacky Blood Sugars and Hormones!

So recently I have been experiencing a string of "What the heck" blood sugars. I woke up this morning at 180, so I washed my hands and checked again...178. Even on a bad morning when I've snuck a few sweets the night before the highest I've ever woken up at is around 140....mmm...again after moderate carb lunch of a pear and a half a cup of cottage cheese...185...I just don't get it sometimes!

I haven't been paying close attention to how my female cycle plays into all this, but perhaps it does more than I give it credit for...I hardly ever miss a pill and being on the interview trail has made me a little more forgetful than usual, which ultimetely lead to a last minute weekend "date" to the pharmacy for Plan B after, well um, my backup method failed [yes, Mom I am grown adult and I am at least I'm being responsible]...so I am just going blow all of this off as higher than usual levels of estrogen floating around in my body...

Thankfully, I have my endo appointment this week, so maybe then I can get to the bottom of this...


No comments: