Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Yeah, for delicious low-carb Thanksgiving recipes...

So, I am finally getting the hang of this low-carb desert cooking...at this moment I have a low-carb pumpkin cheesecake cooking in the oven for Thankgsiving at my sister's....I don't even want to be tempted by her sugar filled pumpkin pie, so I thought it best if I come up with my own diabetes friendly deser...so far the batter taste delicous...even my non-diabetic roommate concurred (she's a pumpkin pie fanatic)...I admidetly starting to concur with a classmate of mine who has DM I, that "Anyone can have good control...all you need is lots of time to obsesse about food." I really don't want this statement to be true, but creative foods do take time....

I am a little worried about the crust though...the first pecan crust had way too much stevia (I followed their proportions on the bottle I swear), and the second batch had 1/4 the amount of stevia, which still amounted to stevia....I ran out of pecans before I could make it right...admidetly when it came time to making the batter I just stuck with packets of Splenda, despite the fact that I know Splenda add a few extra carbs (not nearly as many as sugar....but still)....anyone have any tips on cooking with Stevia, so I don't have to go through 3 batches of ingredients before I get it right?

Also, on a side note....I have officially been taking diabetes meds now for 1-year...so Happy Birthday Diabetes!

No comments: